Tuesday 1 January 2013

Dear Larry Hagman aka JR Ewing I loved you . . . (A LOT) . . . PART 2

Dear Larry Hagman aka JR Ewing I loved you . . . (A LOT)

Every one who knows me know this is true . . .

I am a massive Dallas fan and thanks to CBS I get to watch it A LOT . . .
The new season I haven't watched it at all . . . this was a purposeful move . . .I have watched previews & read all about it & I am super glad that it has been the success it has been . . . but for me as I watch the old school eps so much I didn't like the realization that yes people age & times they are a changin! And what the hell do you mean you have 'updated' Southfork I don't think so that's just no OK . . . In my head this is a real place & a time warp & I love it . . . and in part the time warps is why.

I had watched it on and off when I was much younger but a few years ago I saw a pick on my beloved Sue Ellen on a blog somewhere & of course being the swaggy gorgeous gal that she is her earrings caught my eye . . . so when we were looking at inspirational people to research for our Glitz Range Sue Ellen for me came into play for me & I started watching Dallas DVDs on repeat to look at all that gorgeous sawg . . . and this, well this is where my real love for JR EWING began . . . 

I had seen him in I Dream of Genie before too (which I too was a fan off) but this was something new . . . the power that exuded from JR Ewing . . . the cow boy hats, that accent, those mean spirited quick witted quips, and his wondering eye, well he was something else all together & this is where my obsession began.

I adore JR & Sue Ellen together & I adore how close they are in the really world too  . . . (sometimes I will on occasion admit to my self Dallas may in fact not be real, and I am so glad that 'Sue Ellen & Bobby Ewing' were really at Larry Hagmans bedside as he passed, it makes my Dallas world all the more real) . . . 

JR & Sue Ellen were just THE BEST ON SCREEN COUPLE EVES! The love & the hatred, the breaking up the scheming & the getting back together & the fashion & style of those too - for me is just so magnetic . . .

So here are a few of my fav pics of the late great JR EWING . . . (and Sue Ellen too) . . .

Thanks for all the years of happiness and design inspiration . . . 

I had to write this we all know Dallas rocks my world and the 23rd of November was a very sad, sad sad day!!!!


JR EWING YOU WILL LIVE ON IN MY DALLAS WORLD FOR EVER
LARRY THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH AN INTRIGUING GUY AND HUGELY TALENTED

GOODBYE!


No comments:

Post a Comment